Monday, October 7, 2013

My FIT JOURNEY: Days 5-6

Happy MONDAY!!  I hope you had a lovely weekend!  We were blessed with a weekend full of activities and fun.  I don't know about you but I stayed pretty darn squared away this weekend!  After my apple pie making on Friday night I did indulge in one more slice with a scoop of my favorite vanilla ice cream on Saturday, but other than that I ate pretty clean!  Eating 80% or more clean is my personal goal for my weekends...My Saturday's meals looked much like Friday as the delicious chili was already made and I love a break from cooking once in a while!  I started my morning with my go-to Kashi and fresh berries, enjoyed a salad for lunch, and chili for supper.  Sunday was pretty similar as well!

WEEKEND WORKOUTS...

Saturday:

Cardio:

I'm so proud I got in my 2nd treadmill run!!!  Yay me!  I did another 2.25 mile workout running 1 mile, walking 0.1, running another mile, and walking a cool down.  After I knocked that out I was inspired to do a mini leg workout to keep my hips and legs strong and healthy!

Weights:

Seated Leg Extension SL Full Arc (2x15)
Seated Leg Extension SL Short Arc (2x15)
Seated Hamstring Curls SL (4x15)
Shuttle MVP Hip ABD Slides (2x15)
Shuttle MVP Hip Extension (2x15)
Single Leg Bosu Balance (3x1 min.)

Sunday:

Easy active recovery day!!  I started out with a massage to workout my adhesions in my leg from my surgery and I took my sweet old girl Bella on a walk.  It was a lovely day!  You should always give yourself an active recovery day like light cycling or walking in your week.  It is wonderful for your recovery and helps to prevent over-training.


STAY TUNED...MORE WORKOUTS AND FOOD INSPIRATION TO COME THIS WEEK!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment