Monday, October 7, 2013

My FIT JOURNEY: Day 7

Today started out with a a fabulous high protein, high fiber breakfast!  I absolutely LOVE this preparation of asparagus and eggs to start the day!  I've had requests to include recipes for food I post, so I'll try and do that when time permits!  Today's breakfast recipe follows...

Breakfast...

Saute asparagus in olive oil, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper covered for 7-10 minutes until tender.  Remove and plate asparagus.  In olive oil left in pan fry two eggs over easy (or to your desired preparation).  Top with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.  DELICIOUS!!

Run #3...this time Outside!!!  Yay!

Today I celebrate my first outdoor run!!  I added a little distance today and logged in 2.7 miles!!  I'm so excited!!!!  I ran for 2.5 miles and walked in the last 0.2.  It felt amazing to be outside running in the bright beautiful sunshine!  That wasn't only good for my body, it was good for my soul!

Lunch...

I was back to another salad variation.  I LOVE SPINACH!  Today's salad was topped with apples, blueberries, pecans, and a red wine vinaigrette, with a scoop of cottage cheese for my protein.  I have determined that my favorite days are the days I get in a big bowl of power greens like spinach.  I feel so light, healthy, and energized.  I actually ate this before I went running believe it or not!  :)


Today's Snacks...

I had a slice of beer bread with a few spoonfuls of my chili...yes I'm a muncher...I dig through the fridge trolling for food when I get hungry...this afternoon I slammed a fiber one bar to tie me over for dinner.  

Supper TIME!

Roasted Carrots, Steamed Broccoli, and Grilled Chicken...delicious!

I also had a glass of skim milk with dinner and a sweet clementine for dessert.






Today was a pretty healthy day!!  It feels good!  I'm going to throw another ice pack on my hip and enjoy the rest of the evening!

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment