Thursday, October 3, 2013

My FIT JOURNEY: Day 3

REST 'n ICE is the name of the game!


A little prevention goes a LONG way!!!  Since today was Thursday I decided to give my body the much need rest and break it deserved.  It's ICE TIME baby!!!  Before I started this fit journey I had just turned a corner in my ability to train, which is partially what inspired this blog.  My last day of rest was the previous Thursday.  I had knocked out some pretty decent workouts Friday through Monday before I started my fit journey.  This being said I was DEFINITELY due a break!!  You have to rest your body with ZERO guilt!  Enjoy your day off and use it to heal and strengthen as your muscle cells remodel and re-synthesize.  I myself look forward to my days of rest!!  They are always such a treat and I find myself enjoying the extra time in my day to do things I enjoy or that I just plain need to catch up on!

Days of rest are the PERFECT opportunity to focus on stellar nutrition!  No excuses when you have the extra time from taking a break from the gym!  I had a lovely day starting out with a cooked breakfast!  Check out these munchies all you foodies out there!!

Breakfast...



I love my hot cooked breakfast!!  Eggs really are the perfect protein containing all 12 essential amino acids!!  Not pictured here...my glass o milk! :)

Mid-Morning Snack time...



Peanut butter bananas have to be one of my favorite go to snacks!  The pistachios I nibbled while cooking dinner...



Lunch...

I didn't get the chance to take a pic but I munched on a turkey avocado sandwich...I was in a hurry and I got it while I was out and about this afternoon!

Dinner...


So apparently I end up with fruit themes for a given day, but I had some ingredients to use up like the cilantro and peaches so I tossed together some tilapia tacos!  I seasoned them with a blackened seasoning, lemon juice, and olive oil...made some homemade guacamole, a dollop of daisy, peaches and fresh squeeze of lemon to brighten the flavor.  Steamed broccoli was my must have to push in greens since I didn't have any salad at lunch! 

I hope you've been inspired for clean eating!!  
Happy Training!!


2 comments: