Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My FIT JOURNEY: Day 9

Today started by cranking out a TRX workout with my group fitness class.  We tore it UP!!  Hello chest/back day!!!  We hit:

TRX SL Side Lunges with Med Ball Shoulder Raises
TRX Inverted Rows
TRX Running
TRX Ab Tuck/Hip ABD/Push-ups
TRX Hamstring Curls
TRX T-fly/Y-fly
TRX Mountain Climbers
TRX Overhead Squats
TRX Side Plank w/ Hip ABD
TRX Chest Press

I'm pretty sure the triathlete in me is just GROWLING beneath the surface.  Each time I get back on the bike, back in the pool, or out on the road/treadmill for a run she starts in on me.  I have to admit, I kind of love her.  She wants to train faster, go farther, push harder, PERFORM.  She's dedicated, determined, she perseveres, she endures, she craves a challenge.  She practically dares those around her to just try to get in her way.  Today she cycled in the beautiful sunshine...she went the farthest she's gone since surgery, and this was after TRX.  She busted out 11.6 miles in a little less than 42 minutes.  Not too bad considering I rode on a mountain bike into the wind.  On the way out I saw speeds as fast as 21 mph...I fought tooth and nail to hang on and get an average of 16.5mph overall.  That tells you how stiff the wind was.  But I loved it...she loved it.  It's time to keep feeding the beast!
 

Today's fuel...

Breakfast:

My favorite berries and Kashi were back...I can't help it...you are going to see these a lot...it works for me.  Find what works for you!

Lunch:

Not pictured...I started out with a turkey burger with just a little BBQ, no bun...then I made a delicious salad to get in those power greens after my bike ride!
 
Spinach, peaches, blue berries, raspberries, cottage cheese, and red wine vinaigrette

Dinner...

Grilled Tuna, Grilled Sweet potatoes, and fresh green beans.  I have to admit I did indulge in my sauce for my tuna!!  It's fabulous:
1 Stick Butter
3 Crushed Garlic Cloves
1/4 c fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp. black ground pepper
1/2 tsp. tabasco sauce
1 T. Worcheshire Sauce
Melt butter in sauce pan, saute garlic, add remaining ingredients.  Baste fish while grilling and top with remaining sauce!





No comments:

Post a Comment