Saturday, October 5, 2013

My FIT JOURNEY: Day 4

Rise and SHINE!!!  Today is YOUR day to take make the changes YOU want in your health and wellness journey!!

Breakfast...

I started out my day right with whole grain Kashi cereal with mixed fresh berries, a cutie, water, and that cup of joe I always look forward to!  One of these days I'm going to kick my coffee habit, but that might be after I'm done raising my kids!  HA!

Let the training begin!!!

It was great having that day of rest yesterday!  I was all ready to rock out my TRX 4:1 group fitness class this morning!!  We ripped out 3 circuits of the following exercises...

Dynamic TRX Style Warm-up

TRX Running Drill
TRX T-Fly/Y-Flys
TRX Rotational Ab Tuck/ Push up Combo
TRX Hip ABD/ Hamstring Curl Combo
TRX Bicep Clutch Combo
TRX Chest Press/Ab Roll Out Combo
TRX RF SL Lunges
TRX Dynamic Spine Rotations
TRX Ab Pikes
TRX Hamstring Runners

Static Stretching Cool-down TRX Style

What fun we had!!  Most of these exercises we did sets of 15-20 reps depending on the volume of work per exercise.  It's so much fun to hit laps of 10 exercises as you get a higher cardio response.  It's all about varying your workouts to have the maximum benefits.

Lunch...

After having a tough strength training workout in my morning like TRX, I wanted to refuel the RIGHT way!  I love my leucine in my cottage cheese to repair those muscles.  This salad was the taste of fall with home grown apples and raspberries to really set it off!  (Thanks Heather for the delicious apples...they are making another debut today too!!!)


Water Therapy Time!

I can't think of a better way to enjoy some water training than taking your favorite swim buddy with you!  My little man joined me for...

5 min. forward running
5 min. backward running
5 min. flutter kick with a board
5 min. frog kick

The cool 79 degree water was the perfect therapy for my hip!  I always feel so energized and refreshed after a water workout of any kind, especially in the cool water!  This is a GREAT way to ease back into running by varying your surface, and your amount of joint impact, to have the smoothest transition possible!

Friday Night Supper Time!

You will learn quickly that I always look forward to my weekend meal time.  Usually I make a homemade dessert on the weekend for my family to enjoy (Me too, of course!!).  Since we were having friends over we pulled out all the stops!  Here are those delicious home grown apples again in that lovely apple pie!!  My friend made some beer bread, twice baked potatoes, and delicious butter scotch pumpkin bars...I wish I would have uncovered them before I took the picture!  I had hoped my chili night would have fallen on a cooler fall night, but oh well!  It still tasted delicious!  I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Friday night too!  Life is all about moderation. To be healthy and fit you don't have to cut out those treats you enjoy all together, you just have to be reasonable and watch your portions!  ENJOY!

Fresh veggies and hummus for an appetizer.


My famous chili simmering on the stove!  We topped it with cheddar cheese and a little dollop of daisy...
The lovely apple pie (served a la mode...) and the pumpkin butter scotch bars.  I took a sliver of each!



2 comments:

  1. You did SO MUCH BETTER than me. I can't even admit to my Friday night eating debauchery :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okay!! Today is a new day!! Just look forward!!! No looking back! :)

    ReplyDelete